Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What Do My Wrist Bands Mean

Move Romania

During the last five years, the years when I worked as a consultant for Italian companies wishing to address the challenges of the Romanians, the phrase I heard several times, probably is, "Dr. Ghiglia, can not hold on the Italian tax system, help me move my business in Romania. "

Romania is, since the days of communism, the scales closer to Italy and Eastern Europe Italians: linguistic affinities, Latin, and good will of the people are certainly the driving forces of the continuous flow of migration of businessmen, began the days of Ceausescu and culminated with the entry of Romania into the EU.

But the picture is not as rosy as it seems. Towards the end of 2007, I have myself confirmed in an interview with the weekly Panorama, the presence Romania of about 22,000 companies with capital, even partially, Italian. For further analysis, it appears, however, as at least half of them has been set up exclusively to buy land. Until 2007, in fact, the law prevented Romania to private foreign ownership of land, therefore difficult to consider the companies formed to acquire land only for the purpose of the real production situations.

My experience also tells me that the remaining 11,000 firms "Italian" nominally present in Romania, there is only one half in this strange country because it costs less to leave a company, allowing a court to close after a few years, rather than going to the government and liquidate it.

We remain with about 5000 to 6000 companies. Some, especially banks and subsidiaries of large groups, they go very well while others are so-so.

In this blog, I will try above all to pass my experience to those entrepreneurs who want to start a business in Romania without making mistakes that could lead to rapid failure.

Why, do business (and money) in Romania, is possible!

0 comments:

Post a Comment